Replacement Parts Warranties
Replacement cast iron and steel parts manufactured from Trash Chute Door Supply Company Inc patterns or specifications are warranted to be free of material defects, when shipped, and will remain free of defects under normal usage from the date of purchase for a one year period.
Material purchased from others shall be limited to that manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
Procedure to return alleged defective parts:
If you have an alleged defective part, contact us at 718-620-1400 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Once you have the RMA, return the material to us, shipping charges prepaid. We will inspect the material to determine if it is a material defect.
Should the material be defective, we shall either replace it or issue a refund, at our discretion. We will be responsible for all related shipping charges.
Should you require an immediate replacement, it will be shipped and paid for according to our normal terms and conditions of purchase. We will then follow the above procedure.
EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
- This Warranty does not include expenses for removal or reinstallation. The user will be responsible for the cost of replacement of the defective part, and all labor and material necessary to the exchange. Replacement material will be invoiced to the buyer in the usual manner and will be subject to adjustment upon proof of defect.
- Nothing herein shall be construed as a guaranty of workmanship of any installer installing Trash Chute Door Supply Company Inc. replacement parts, or as imposing on the Company any liability of any nature for unsatisfactory performance caused by faulty workmanship in installation, which liability is expressly disclaimed.
- This Warranty will not apply if the part is structurally altered or is used out of its design intent usage.
- This Warranty will not apply if the part has been damaged as a result of: fire or other casualties; flooding or exposure to the elements; settlement, distortion, collapse or cracking of any foundation area, beams or pipes surrounding the item in question; improper or negligent installation, service or operation (including but not limited to the following – improper adjustment or maintenance.)
- This Warranty applies only to replacement parts installed within the continental limits of the United States and Canada.
- Replacement parts must not have been damaged in handling, shipment or installation. The determination of damage in handling or installation is considered judgment of Trash Chute Door Supply Company Inc. and such decision shall be final.
- In no case shall Trash Chute Door Supply Company Inc.’s liability exceed the original selling price of the product found to be defective.
- Under no circumstances will Trash Chute Door Supply Company Inc. be obligated for any replace labor, shutdown, inoperative or resultant damages due to any alleged defect of any replacement parts.
- THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND OSWALD SUPPLY CO INC. NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR ITANY OTHER OBLIGATIONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL OSWALD SUPPLY CO INC. BE LIABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, REMOTE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR CONDITION IMPLIED BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.